Can't broadcast to your Facebook Group? Getting an error that Stage TEN doesn't have permission to broadcast? Try this troubleshooting guide
How to Connect your Facebook account to Stage TEN:
Go to settings (gear icon, top right) > manage destinations > facebook icon > click CONNECT.
Facebook will then ask for permission. We recommend accepting all permissions as presented.
What if my Facebook Group doesn't appear?:
It's important to note that you must have Admin-level access for your Facebook Group to use Stage TEN to broadcast there. If you've connected FB, you are an admin, and the group doesn't appear in your list of Facebook destinations, you can either:
- Disconnect and then Reconnect Facebook, making sure to accept all permissions as presented
- Contact support at firstname.lastname@example.org for help
What if Stage TEN "doesn't have permission to broadcast to this destination"?:
Sometimes after connecting your Facebook account to Stage TEN, your Facebook Groups returns an error that looks like this:
Follow these steps to resolve this error. If the error persists, contact support.
- On Facebook, navigate to the group you want to broadcast to
- On the left hand panel, under settings, go to Group Settings
- On the center of the page, scroll down to Manage Advanced Settings
- To the right of 'Apps' click the pencil icon
- Click Add Apps
- Type "Stage TEN" into the search bar under 'Group Apps' on the left
- The Stage TEN app will appear - click on the App
- Click Add
- Once complete, we recommend refreshing your chrome browser and logging back into Stage TEN. Note: this will disconnect any live feeds and clear the media library
- Your Facebook Group should now be selectable under Settings > Manage Destinations > Facebook. Add a green checkmark next to your Group to have it appear in your list of destinations in the Stage TEN Pro Studio.