We make multistream and live video commerce easy. Set up your Scheduled Live Event in the YouTube Studio, then broadcast to it by RTMP from Stage TEN.
This feature is only available to users with a Creator or business plan Click here to upgrade
Using Stage TEN to send an RTMP stream to your YouTube Live Event will allow you to stream to a different YouTube channel than the one connected to your Stage TEN account. You can also start, stop, and restart your stream in Stage TEN, all while maintaining your live broadcast on YouTube. RTMP streaming available with a Professional or Enterprise plan.
Connecting the Stage TEN Pro Studio via RTMP
1. Go to youtube.com/livestreaming.
2. Click on Manage, then SCHEDULE STREAM to create a new stream.
3. Add title, description, category, set privacy, schedule your stream for later, upload custom thumbnail, and set audience settings then click CREATE STREAM.
4. Here's where you'll find your newly created stream - click on your stream name.
5. Under stream key, use the pull down to open the menu and click Create new stream key
6. Add a name and description for your new stream key, then click CREATE
7. Your new stream key should now be selected. If it isn't, use the pull down menu and select it.
8. This is where you get the Stream URL and Stream key from YouTube, which you'll need in order to create the RTMP destination in your Stage TEN account
9. Log into Stage TEN, click Setting > Manage Destinations > RTMP > ADD and then paste in the URL and Stream Key, and give your Destination a Name then press 'SAVE'
10. This will create an RTMP destination in Stage TEN. Once you turn on the toggle, Stage TEN will send the stream to YouTube but you won't be Live yet.
Starting and stopping your stream
Once you've toggled on your RTMP Destination the stream will be sent to YouTube but you won't be live yet. You'll need to use the YouTube studio you got your RTMP key & URL to begin and finish your live
1. Go to the YouTube studio, and after a few seconds, you'll see your stream and you can go live to YouTube using the GO LIVE button
2. If you stop streaming for any reason (internet fails, computer runs out of power, chrome crashes) you will not lose your broadcast. You can simply start streaming again from Stage TEN.
3. To end the stream, you need to click END STREAM and then end the stream in Stage TEN.