Stream to Facebook via RTMP. Set up your Scheduled Live in Facebook Live Producer, then broadcast to it by RTMP from Stage TEN
Using RTMP > Scheduled Facebook Live will allow you to start, stop, and restart the stream in Stage TEN, all while maintaining your live broadcast on Facebook. Facebook Live Producer also provides an auto-start feature as long as you're streaming from Stage TEN to the Facebook Live Producer at the time.
Note: RTMP streaming available with a Professional or Enterprise plan
1) Go to https://www.facebook.com/live/producer/.
2) Make sure 'Use Stream Key' is selected then click 'Schedule a Live Video'.
3) Under Settings, choose Stream, then Deselect 'End live video if stream stops'.
4) Under Announcement Post set your date, time, select where to share to, privacy, live video title, say something about this live video, select an image, select category. If you're sharing to a page, you can set crossposting, share to a page's groups, and audience settings. Once complete, click Schedule Live Video.
5) This is where you copy the Stream URL and Stream key, which you'll need to create the RTMP destination in your STAGE TEN account.
6) Log into Stage TEN, click Setting > Manage Destinations > RTMP and then paste in the URL and Stream Key, and give your Destination a Name then press ADD.
7) This will create an RTMP destination in Stage TEN, that you can being broadcasting to using the toggle.
8) Once you go live (by turning on the RTMP destination), go back to Facebook Live Producer, and after a few seconds, you'll see your stream in this 'Waiting for Live Video' indicator.
9) You can go live to Facebook in one of two ways:
- You can click Enable Manual Mode and take your stream live manually
- If you don't enable manual mode, your stream will go live to Facebook at the scheduled time of the broadcast
10) Using this method, if you stop streaming for any reason (internet fails, computer runs out of power, chrome crashes) you will not lose your broadcast. You can simply start streaming again from Stage TEN.
11) To end the broadcast, you need to click End Live Video (and then end the RTMP stream in Stage TEN as well)
Note: According to Facebook "Once you start to preview the broadcast you have up to 5 hours to go live." If you want to test this workflow, we strongly recommend you create a test Scheduled Facebook Live to test with.