Promotional tips to help encourage your audience to watch live on your site and on Shop app.
Reminder: Update your link in bio to the live destination URL so your audience can easily find where to engage with you. And make sure to tag @stageten.tv so we can reshare your promo content to our audiences!
Share IG stories at least 3 days prior to event and day of eventUse the 'Countdown' sticker so your audience can be notified when the live event starts:
- Click on countdown sticker
- Add countdown/event name
- Add event date/time
The day of the event, use the ‘Link’ sticker so followers know where to engage with the livestream:
- Click on link sticker
- Add link to the live site destination
- Customize sticker text with a CTA such as “Join us LIVE now”
Share IG in-feed promo at least 3 days prior to eventAdd a 'Reminder' to the post so your audience is notified when the live event starts:
- Click Add Reminder
- Add Reminder/event name
- Add a start time (be mindful of your default timezone)
- Add an end time (optional)
Share TT stories at least 3 days prior to event and day of event
Drive your audience to your link in bio (must be on a business profile with over 1K followers) to engage with the stream.
Share a TT video at least 3 days prior to event
Make sure the video content and caption details when/where your audience can tune into the livestream. Don't forget the incentive - why should they join live?
Cross-promote IG posts to FB
You can share your IG stories and in-feed post/reel directly to your FB audience. Make sure you have your FB page connected to your IG account before doing so!
Share IG posts to FB:
- Before sharing your post, tap the toggle next to Share to Facebook
Share IG stories to FB:
- Before sharing your story, tap at the bottom
- Below Your Story, tap Sharing options
- Select Share to Facebook every time or Share Once
Create a FB event
This is a great way to capture RSVPs and see who will be tuning into your show, especially for a special tent pole!
- From your Feed, click Events in the left menu. You may have to click See More first
- Click + Create New Event, then enter event details like the event name and start date and time
- Click Is it in person or virtual?, then select Virtual
- Select External Link when choosing the type of virtual event
- Click Who can see it? to select your privacy setting
- Add more event details such the live destination URL, guests/hosts, incentives, etc.
Upload a YT Short
Similar to IG stories, YT shorts can help amplify your live show to your YT audience.
- In your YT Studio, click Create then Upload video in the top right corner
- Select a short video (up to 60s) with a square or vertical aspect ratio
- Include #Shorts in the title or description to help recommend it across YouTube
Take advantage of Community posts
Community posts allow you to interact with your audience using rich media (polls, quizzes, GIFs, text, images, and video). They show on the Community tab, and may show on Home or the Subscriptions feed.
- Click the Community Tab on your channel, and encourage your audience to join you for your live show. For the Community Tab to be available, you must enable access to advanced features on your channel.
Promotional Asset Specs
When creating your promo assets, use the specs below as a guideline to optimize its performance.
- Stories: 9:16 ratio, 1080px by 1920px
- In-Feed: 4:5 ratio, 1080px by 1350px
- Event cover: 16:9 ratio, 1920px by 1080px
- Stories/video: 9:16 ratio, 1080px by 1920px
- Trailer: 16:9 ratio, max 3840px by 2160px
- Shorts: 9:16 ratio, 1080px by 1920px, max 60s
- Thumbnail: 16:9 ratio, 1280px by 720px
Include the following key messaging in your promos
- Make sure to let your audience know when/where to tune into the livestream.
- If there’s an incentive, include it! Incentives have been proven to drive more viewership, engagement and sales.
- Tag @shopapp if you're going live to Shop, and encourage your audience to follow your store so they're instantly notified when you're live.
- Tag @stageten.tv so we can further amplify.