What does stream health mean and how can it help improve your stream? Check the quality of your stream in real-time with the Stage TEN Pro Studio's Stream Health Monitor
Viewing Stream Health Information
The Stream Health Monitor shows you the FPS (frames per second) for your stream in real time. FPS is the best indicator of your stream quality.
You can find the Stream Health Monitor below the Live Monitor (shown below).
The information provided includes:
- Frame Rate (FPS) - This is output frame rate from your Stage TEN Pro Studio
- Resolution - The resolution that is being output from your Stage TEN Pro Studio
- Live for - This is the amount of time you have been live to your destinations
How to use the Stream Health Monitor to improve your Stream Quality
Before going live, you can see the stream health status. Based on color, we recommend the following:
- GREEN you're ready to stream and your quality should be great
- YELLOW you can go ahead and stream, but your stream quality may be compromised
- RED you should not stream until you've reviewed the next section, or contacted Stage TEN Support at support.stageten.tv
Improving Frame Rate
Here is some information to help you achieve the best frame rate and resolution.
- Open Stage TEN is a separate browser window and ensure it is always at least partially visible on the screen. If another browser tab or application fully covers Stage TEN, the frame rate may drop significantly.
- Close all other non-essential applications.
Also read through the suggestions in the article: Improve the Quality of your Stage TEN Pro Studio Stream.
The Stage TEN Pro Studio can broadcast in 720p or 1080p. If your Stream Health Monitor is showing YELLOW or RED, consider lowering your resolution.
You may need to upgrade your computer or internet to improve your stream quality. Assess your computer and internet here: Ensure your Computer and Internet meet Minimum Requirements