Tips and tricks you can use to create the ultimate live commerce experience
Ensure you do not have any sales active on Shopify
This feature is only available to users with a Starter, Creator or business plan Click here to upgradeIf you have any discounts active on your Shopify account, disable them as they will conflict with the commerce process on the Stage TEN Interactive player and can cause errors at checkout. If you want to apply any discounts to your products use the discounts built into the Stage TEN Pro Studio.
Do a dry run before your live sale eventWe recommend you always plan ahead and do a dry run of your broadcast prior to going live. This will allow you to make any changes you wish to make and create a seamless experience.
Sharing your stream linkInvite guests to watch your stream through any messaging apps. Just click the share buttons shown below, to send your stream link.
- Clicking this will open your Interactive Player in a new tab:
- Clicking this will open a menu where you can copy a link to a webpage in your Shopify store, with the Interactive player embedded on to it. Or share directly to Twitter and Facebook:
- Tapping this will open a menu where you can copy a link to your Interactive Player, or share it directly to other platforms:
Changing the title of your broadcastTo differentiate the ‘name of your live sale’ from the ‘name of the product’, edit your title. Editing this will not change the ‘name of your product’ in your store and can only be done prior to going live.
Drive traffic to your broadcastsAdd the Stage TEN Channel Page to your site navigation and promote your broadcast on social networks ahead of time to drive your audience traffic to your live sales.
Interact with your audience
Answer audience questions over video or in the chat. Get real-time updates on who purchased your products and thank them with personal shout-outs.
Make your LIVE broadcast dynamicBe personable, have a creative background, talk us through the details of your product, or do a tutorial as you show the product.
Set up your LIVE broadcast equipmentSet up some lights, or move to a bright area to make sure the audience can see your content clearly. Consider using a tripod if you're going for a professional feel. Test and listen to your microphone to ensure the audience can hear your sound clearly.
Mirrored camera viewsIf using the front facing camera while broadcasting, remember that it is mirroring your image. If you’re showing something with writing or text, we recommend using the rear camera instead to display your product properly.
This feature is only available to users with a Starter, Creator or business plan Click here to upgrade
- Sell multi products one at a time during your live broadcast. Use this functionality to switch between your available product promotions during your live session at any time.
- These promotions should be set up in your Shopify store prior to your livestream. This feature can be used for scenarios such as:
- Hosting a flash sale and then surprising your fans with a new product launch.
- Showcasing a whole collection of products one-by-one.
- Moving to another promotion when your first product sells out.
- Changing to a product being requested by your viewers.
- Walking your viewers through your virtual store and giving them a personalized shopping experience.