How to participate in a Stage TEN broadcast on a laptop or desktop. What you need, how to prepare before you join the broadcast and how to join the broadcast.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- A Laptop or Desktop (the newer the better - the minimum RAM should be 4GB)
- Make sure your computer is powered / plugged in throughout the broadcast.
- Internet Access (always ethernet > Wi-Fi connection, min 10Mbps upload speed)
- A webcam, microphone and headphones (or a headset with a mic attached)
- The LATEST version of Google Chrome
- If you already have Chrome, open it and use these steps to update:
- At the top left, click Chrome > About Google Chrome > Update
HOW TO PREPARE BEFORE YOU JOIN THE BROADCAST:
- Consider your lighting. Natural light (from a window) is a great option. Always light yourself from the front (never from behind)
- Position your webcam at eye level (rather that above or below)
- Look into the webcam when participating in the broadcast
- Use a more interesting background (rather than a blank wall behind you)
HOW TO JOIN THE BROADCAST:
- Select the invitation link that’s been sent to you
- Close ALL other Chrome tabs and any other programs
- Enter your name (so the director can identify you) and accept terms & conditions
- Select ‘Camera and Mic’
- See your Participant Status in the top left corner:
- Communicate with the director and your fellow participants here:
- Have a great conversation and have fun!