Check these settings if you receive errors related to your camera, microphone, or screen share. This article should help fix media errors MED014, MED015 & more
This article should help fix media errors MED014, MED015, MED016, MED017, MED020, MED021, and MED022.
The three most common reasons for a camera, microphone, or screen share not appearing in STAGE TEN are:
See the instructions below for how to check that your system is configured correctly.
The most common reason for a camera or microphone not showing up is incorrect Chrome permissions. You must provide permission for STAGE TEN to access your camera and microphone. There are two ways to check:
1. Log into STAGE TEN
2. Click the camera icon in the Chrome address bar
3. Ensure that the "Always allow https://app.stageten.tv to access your camera and microphone" 4. radio button is selected
5. Click the "Done" button
6. Reload the page
In some conditions, the camera icon will not appear on the right side of the address bar. Instead, you can change permissions using the site information settings.
1. Click on the lock icon on the left side of the address bar
2. For the Camera setting, select "Allow"
3. For the Microphone setting, select "Allow"
4. Click the "x" to close the dialog
5. Reload the page
System Permissions (MacOS Only)
In more recent versions of Mac OS, permissions for Chrome to access the camera, microphone, and screen (for screen sharing) need to be provided at the system level. To check your settings, perform the following steps. The images below may help guide you.
1. Select > System Preferences...
2. In the system preferences, select Security & Privacy
3. Select the Privacy tab at the top.
4. On the left, select Camera and ensure the checkbox beside Chrome is selected
5. On the left, select Microphone and ensure the checkbox beside Chrome is selected
6. On the left, select Screen Recording and ensure the checkbox beside Chrome is selected
7. Reload STAGE TEN Studio in your Chrome browser
Microphone Exclusive Access (Windows Only)
Windows allows applications to acquire exclusive access to your microphone which can prevent Chrome from obtaining access. To check that your microphone is not setup for exclusive access, perform the following steps. The images below may help guide you.
1. Open Windows Settings by selecting the Windows menu in the bottom left and clicking the Settings icon on the left
2. In Settings, click System
3. In the System settings, click Sound on the left
4. In the Sound settings, scroll down to the Sound Control Panel link and click it
5. In the Sound Control Panel, select the Recording tab at the top
6. Select the Microphone you would like to use in STAGE TEN, and click the Properties button
7. In the Properties, select the Advanced tab and ensure the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" checkbox is deselected
8. Click OK to save your change and then close the window
9. Reload STAGE TEN Studio in your Chrome browser