We are seeking a Back End Developer with the desire to solve complex problems in the live video mixing and streaming space. You will be responsible for the design and implementation of major features for Stage TEN. This position reports directly to the CTO and will be part of a small, close-knit development team.
This position is full-time and, due to COVID-19, is fully remote for the time being. The Stage TEN offices are currently closed, but located near Queen St. East and Carlaw Ave.
Stage TEN offers competitive salaries, stock options, four weeks of vacation, group health benefits, and the opportunity to work in a startup environment with a fun team.
- Collaborate with the team to clarify and refine requirements
- Prepare code designs and generate development tasks to meet requirements
- Work closely with other team members to implement high-quality solutions by writing clean, maintainable, and scalable code
- Maintain and enhance existing software solutions
- Take part in code reviews, discuss solutions, and support your team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience with Ruby on Rails and/or GraphQL is a definite asset.
- Experience developing and integrating systems using REST APIs and AMQP/RabbitMQ
- Knowledge of YouTube, Facebook, Twitch, and Twitter APIs is an asset.
- Familiarity working with Docker, GCP, and AWS
- Experience working in GitHub and an understanding of issue management
- Familiarity with the Shape Up process and experience with Agile or other processes
- An easy communicator who is comfortable collaborating with others on the team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the confidence to ask questions when facing uncertainty.
- Forthcoming in contributing opinions and open to great ideas from others.
- Keeps up to date with new industry trends and technologies to help improve development operations
If this sounds like you, send us your resume: email@example.com